Since 26 October 2010

March 31, 2011

Book of The Month: Damian's Assassin


For the second time today, I am blogging again. This time I want to blog on a book. Well, long live to all the book lovers out there! Today the subject that I am going to blog on is an awesome ebook that u can't get it in any bookstore. Why am I saying that this book is not in the bookstore? It's not like I have got a pass to preview a new book, this book is from a new author named Lizzy Ford and they are not selling this book in the bookstore now, yet.



Well... how I came across with this book? One day as I was searching on the internet for some useful ebook, I came to a website that provides useful link on lots of ebooks. As a book worm, I got really excited and I downloaded a few books. One of them is Damian's Assassin. At first, I never really thought of reading it yet since I was kinda busy lately. Another day, I accidentally open the book up and read the first few page, I was attracted to it. Since then, I have to spare some time to read it everyday. Lucky thing is this book wasn't long, it only consist of 97 pages including cover page, so lack of time is not an excuse!

Now let's get to the main topic and see what's this book about. As the title Damian's Assassin, who is Damian actually? Damian is not the main character, however, in this book. He is one of the supporting character and a quite important one. In this story, Damian is the white god, Darian, is the grey god and the antagonist is the black god, Czerno. Three of them were brothers. Besides these three character, there is the main character Dustin aka Dusty in the book. He is a demigod and he is also Damian's assassin. In the beginning of the story is about this girl, Bianca, who is a healer and a Natural they called. Dusty is a guardian. Bianca has a brother, Jonny who betrayed her at the beginning to the Black god's son Talon, a vampire. Jonny like her sister is also a Natural and he has the special ability to kill demigods and even God. That is why Czerno recruits Jonny through Talon for this amazing ability. Throughout the whole book, it is about how the white god and the gang, try to protect Bianca and Jonny, two rare Natural from the Black God. There are also some romance developing between Dusty and Bianca which I really like.

This is really a good book to read and Lizzy Ford is a talented writer. She writes and publish books herself. Therefore you don't need to spend a lot of money going out there to buy some expensive novel. Here's her website http://www.guerrillawordfare.com/ and what she said about herself:

"I wrote my first novel in the 3rd grade - a five page essay on why stars were cool - that I threw away at the end of the school year. In sixth grade, I wrote my second great novel: a 17,000 word science fiction piece I later threw away because I didn't like it. Since then, I've been a prolific closet-writer whose merciless perfectionism kept me from progressing to the next level. After 15 years beating my head against a wall working for Uncle Sugar, I woke up one day and decided it's time to make writing my real day job, not my weekend dream. I love writing fantasy/paranormal fiction, to include romantic fiction, my current favorite. I write poetry, short stories and literary fiction as well and am fascinated by interactions between flawed characters, which is basically what life in general is all about."

Damian's Assassin is the sequel to Lizzy Ford's previous book Damian's Oracle. I am planning to read Damian's Oracle once I am free. I cannot wait to read her next book and also I need to share this book with you guys. Now here's the link to download this book, give it a try, who knows you will love it like I do?


I think that's all for now, I will come back with lots more interesting to blog about. Till then, see you!

2 comments:

  1. Hello, Fiona!

    Wow - awesome! Thanks for making "Damian's Assassin" your book of the month! I'm really happy you enjoyed it and hope you find time to read "Damian's Oracle" as well! I'll release a new novel (not related to the Damian series!) in about 2 weeks, so keep an eye out for it! You're welcome to visit my FB page - a few of my readers have friended me, which I think is cool! LizzyFord with the pink camouflage!

    Take care, and thanks again! :-)

    Lizzy Ford

    ReplyDelete
  2. No thanks. :) I cannot imagine you are commenting on my blog. Well, I hope it helps to promote your book cause I really love it! Keep it up please.

    ReplyDelete

Make a comment.

Bloggers.com

Review this blog on Bloggers.com