Since 26 October 2010

April 2, 2011

Branded or NOT??



"Dressing is the way of life." - Yves Saint Laurent

In this 21st century, who doesn't know anything about Gucci, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, and so on? Even a kid of 15 years old knows more about branding than a 60 years old woman. What makes me in a dillemma is that many young adult already wearing at least 1 designer clothes or bag or shoes, and the worst is bragging around with them.


Yes, that's the problem of young people in the modern world. This might be a scene you watch in gossip girl, Blair carrying a Cristian Dior bag to school, but that also happens in the real world. First of all, let me make myself clear, I am not an anti-designer-clothing person, in fact I adore them. I love the elegance of Gucci's dresses, chicness of Couture's outfits even casual wear, the street-chic and sporty look of Armani Exchange, amazing bags and shoes from Nine West. The main point is young people buying branded stuffs using their parents money, carrying around and bragging on it. Well... to me, designer clothes, shoes, bags all are luxuries, but yea everyone deserve to enjoy some luxuries and also the luxury should be built on your own financial limit, otherwise you do not deserve them. By the way, let me stress that what basically piss me off is that young people that buying branded stuffs aren't earning money themselves but using their parents' money. So can you see that how stupid are these people showing off on something that you didn't even deserve them, but your parents.

My problem is not to people that using expensive stuffs, but to people that showing off how fabulous they are on something they do not deserve. I am not trying to say that I am a very great person, but I am proud that I am raise to appreciate every penny I am given. I believe that being fabulous does not equal to lots of money. You are always what you are and neither any designer clothes can change them. You will look good even if you are wearing a second hand dress as long as you feel confident. Many teenagers have this problem of peer pressure, the need to follow what your rich friend have. Please believe in yourself and people will love you on what you really are but not what you wear. To be honest, I do not buy much expensive stuffs, in other word I use a lot of 'cheap' stuff as some people will say. Still, I have a lot of friends that love me for who I am, I know.

No offense but those kind of people who brag about branded stuffs are just so pathetic. They need expensive clothes and shoes to cover their pathetic inner them. I am not jealous at all because I know who I am.

The purpose of me writing about this is because I cannot stand seeing those people anymore. Remember every penny you have now are from your parents. Love them, treasure them. I know this post is getting kinda lengthy now. I guess I just need to stop before people throwing banana and can drink and shoes and all sorts of stuffs. Till then, see you!




4 comments:

Make a comment.

Bloggers.com

Review this blog on Bloggers.com