Since 26 October 2010

April 19, 2011

Fellowship Through Service

Photo by Dato Sri Jitco Chin


On 16 April and 17 April, I attended the District Rotaract Assembly (DRA). This event is held at The Royale Bintang Resort in Seremban. Since this event is carried out in Seremban, we have to travel a long journey, sacrificing time and energy to attend it. Truth to be told, it is tiring, and we have to pay 100 something for it. However, what we learnt during our time in DRA worth more than just 100 bucks.

Well, DRA is like a typical rotaract/interact assembly, with a lot of talks and discussion. What makes it so challenging this time for me is that the difficulty we have to travel so far and making this event so successful in such a short time. In this 2 days 1 night, we have 3 talks, 3 discussion session and 1 banquet dinner. Imagine how hard it is for everyone to absorb so many information in not more than 48 hours, not to mention how hard it is for the committee member.

I am not going to talk about what have happen in that assembly or what we have done. The important part is what we have learnt and what we gain at the end. One thing that I am really grateful about is making friends with all these kind and amazing people. I made a few friends which are foreign students. What I love about them is they think BIG! They have really cool opinions and thoughts which some Malaysian wouldn’t think of sometimes. Apart from that the other rotaracters are awesome as well. They bombarded me with ideas that I have never thought of and open a new pathway of thinking in my brain.

Talking with people elder than me taught me to think of people other than myself, people that are not significant, but are one part of the society. They know more things than me, and are more experienced. Now I know how to eliminate some immature thoughts and actions. One of the examples is by Prof. Suresh Govind. He is an amazing speaker that taught us how to utilize our potential in giving it back to the society. For example, he taught us how to respond to different thing that gives you different effects. Brain is the master mind of human and we can always control what to think and interpret which lead to how we respond to things.

The purpose of me writing this blog is to tell that why I love being a child of Rotary, an interacter or a rotaracter. It makes me a better person. I hope that more people will join Rotaract, especially my friends. You will gain more than what you sacrifice in time. Some more youngster are suppose to be restless right. Reach your nearest rotaracter to join, we can all fellowship through service.

P/s: For more pictures, visit the link below.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150150184395426.284891.655805425

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150150260725426.284926.655805425

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment.

Bloggers.com

Review this blog on Bloggers.com