Since 26 October 2010

December 12, 2010

My Toothie Diary.

Hey guys, I went to the dental clinic few weeks ago and got some treatment for my teeth. I feel great with my teeth now because they are so clean and it makes me really comfortable.

I went to the clinic where I got appointed with a 3rd years dentistry student from my school who are doing her clinical session (hands-on session). On my first appointment, she did a checkup on my teeth and found out there's quite a lot of problems with my teeth. I have a few teeth missing and I have been lack of dental checkup these recent years. Next she did scaling on my teeth and guess what? It takes her 2 hours to do the check up and scaling my lower teeth. However, I didn't blame on her, as she is still a dentistry student and some more my treatment is free of charge (for our school student). She gave me some advice that I pay more attention to my oral hygiene.

Last week, I went for my 2nd appointment and she did the scaling of my upper teeth. She also polished my teeth on that appointment. This takes me another 2 hours. :( I complaint to her that sometimes there's some discomfort when I try to bite with my posterior tooth, both left and right side. She took me to get an xray for my teeth. I had a really hard time doing that as I have a small mouth. It was difficult for her to get her tools into my mouth (pity her and ME!). At last I finished my second appointment.

This coming Friday will be my third appointment and she said she is going to do restoration of my teeth for me and MAYBE removal. (Ouch!) I am scared but I am taking this as a lesson to take good care of my oral hygiene. She told me that I was lack of oral hygiene and that I should pay more attention to this. I was not using floss or mouthwash and I was only brushing once in a day. But now, I am still not using floss or mouthwash, I brush more than once a day. This is kind of good for a person as lazy as me. Now I wanted to keep my oral hygiene good so that I don't have to suffer another appointment with my operator anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment.

Bloggers.com

Review this blog on Bloggers.com