Since 26 October 2010

June 19, 2011

The Making of Oreo Butter Cake


Hey guys and girls! How's your father's day? Hope every daddy in the world is having some fun. Us kids have took a lot of effort to make this day happening! Like me, I have done some little surprise for my daddy today. Basically I have made an Oreo butter cake for my dad, but wait a second, we all know that I can't bake. So what I did was, I went and bought a ready made butter cake without any topping from the bakery shop, then I went back home and decorate it as my own cake. Easy peasy. :)

My sister and I decided to make an Oreo chocolate butter cake. *wink* So today I am going to share how I did this cake easily without having to switch on your oven and do some baking.

First of all, what we do is we crunch some Oreo cookies. Crunch them until they are powder-like. Then they are ready to be used. Next is the difficult part. Melting the cooking chocolate and use them as topping with the Oreo sprinkle.

If you do not know how to melt chocolate without overheating them, please click on the link below:

After melting the chocolate they are ready to be used to cover the butter cake. If you are worry that the chocolate is not enough, you can always melt a second batch as backup. In case you do not need them, you can stored them in the fridge and reheat them when you need them. My sister used the leftover of the chocolate and dipped her strawberry in, it tasted something like the strawberry dip in the chocolate fountain.

To cover the butter cake with chocolate, we used a bread knife to create a smooth surface covering with chocolate. The top of the cake should be covered with thin layer while on the other hand, the side part should be covered with a slightly thicker layer of chocolate. After that we sprinkle the Oreo powder on the top and tada!


I know it's kinda messy and I shouldn't have posted this up, but I want people to know how to do a little surprise without having to BAKE a cake which is really a pain in the ass, I KNOW!! My dad was so surprise when we told him that we actually did this cake by ourselves cause at first we told him we bought this cake for him.

Hope you all like what you see and leave a comment to tell me what you think. Till then, xoxo :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make a comment.

Bloggers.com

Review this blog on Bloggers.com